Photo Gallery

Every effort is made to comply with copyright laws in relation to images and material used on this non-commercial website. If at any time it is found that we have infringed any rights then we unreservedly apologise and undertake to correct the matter at the earliest opportunity.

HomePhoto GalleryThe Tadworth Collection

Tadworth - Police Training Centre

1948 - 2010 - The former boarding school of 'St. Cross' in Tadworth, Surrey, provided a mixture of recruit, continuation and refresher training for the BTP for about 60 years*. The Dog Training School was also located on the site in the latter years.

*The school was temporarily relocated to Windsor between 1968 and 1971.
0

St. Cross Boarding School

St. Cross was originally built by John Steer, with his wife Estrilde Josephine, as a private preparatory school. The school was designed by John's friend, Edmund Hall. Here are some early photographs.

0

Tadworth - the demise of the chapel classroom

Originally built as a chapel for the boarding school, under BTP tenure it was used as a mock courtroom for training and then a classroom. The new Dog School was built nearby.

Draughty, cold in winter and hot in summer, it is still missed by many.

0

Tadworth - a new chapter.

In 2010, it was announced that Tadworth Training Centre was to be closed and the building and grounds - now the property of BRB (Residuary) Ltd - put up for sale.

Subsequently, the site was purchased by Berkeley Homes and 13 new houses built on the footprint of old training centre buildings. As of February 2015, all had been sold.

0