On these pages are a series of research based articles which have been written by our members:
1. A Photographic Conundrum?
Steve Beamon examines an undated photograph and explains how he researches the details to find out: When? Where? Who? Why?
2. Arming the BTP
Dan Tanner examines the history of arming the railway and dock police forces.
3. British Newspaper Archives
An exciting project in Colindale helps to make historical research that little bit easier.
4. The Visit of HM King George V and Queen Mary
The year of 1912 saw the return of the Royal Yacht Victoria and Albert III when she brought King George V and Queen Mary to Cardiff…..
5. The First Railway Murder in Britain
The murder of Thomas Briggs by Franz Muller was an unusual one in a number of different ways and brought about many changes, both in public attitude as well as the law…..
6. The Brighton, Lewes and Hastings Railway and their Police Force
Kevin Gordon delves in the history of the Sussex railway and highlights one of its servants…..